Monday, December 26, 2011

glimmers of hope. part five.

the first week was long with every day going by very slowly. and then a weekend. a very short weekend. and then i started again on monday- sad but hopeful.

on monday evening, i was at home about to go to bed when my spiritual mother 'stopped in' to tell me some things she felt the Lord wanted me to know. she said these wise, divine words, "this is the most important part of the journey. your trust and faith in this part of the journey shows your devotion and heart for the Father. the Father is releasing things to you in this season that will equip and bless you and your ministry in every other season of your life. this is not a test. you have passed the test. the testing is over. sit back and rest on the angels of the Lord to give you all of the grace to sustain you through the hardest part of this journey. He's got it. He's got it and He's got you."

my heart was so thirsty for this encouragement.

as i was standing in the back of one of my classrooms on tuesday morning, mrs. o came in and was walking straight toward me. immediately i thought i had done something wrong and was about to get in trouble and all she said was, "hey, can i talk to you in the hall for a second?" for real? embarrassing.

she told me that the blessing of a principal from the very beginning called looking for me and i needed to call him immediately. i didn't have a classroom to call him back from, so i ran quickly to my friend gayla's classroom hoping to find it empty. it wasn't. i whispered to her what was going on and she promised prayers as i went to the copy room to return his call. he didn't answer. i was so torn up about it all day! i went back later in the morning and tried again. he answered! he told me that they weren't able to hire just yet, but he thought they might be able to soon. he wanted me to come in and interview to make it an 'easy transition' if they got the green light from the administration building. he wanted me to come that afternoon but i couldn't because of a lame insurance meeting. we made a date for thursday at 3:15. a sweet glimmer of hope.

but it wasn't a job yet. i wanted to stay grounded and to stay faithful to the job i already had. on thursday morning, i packed some interview clothes in my car and went back to work. around nine that morning, mrs. o came back into the very same classroom and asked to speak to me in the hallway again. she told me to be expecting a call from a different principal at a school i had never even heard of! i was blown away. she told me his name and i promised to watch my phone. nothing. at lunch-time, mrs. o came into the break room and asked told me if i needed to go home and change to hurry- but the new principal, mr. g, was ready to interview me immediately! i told her i already had some clothes in the car and she told me to get on my way. i called shelli, my spiritual momma, on my way to the school and she promised to stop and pray while i was in my interview.

as i walked up to the school building i realized for the first time in this whole journey, i was far from nervous. i was so confident in my Jesus, in His powerful, detailed love for me, and in His unfailing faithful character. He's good and His ways are good. and they will endure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment