Monday, December 26, 2011

green lights. part six.

well, the interview with mr. g at the surprise school went really well. it was for a second grade teaching position and he had the green light from administration to hire. he just had to iron out a few last things with them and would get back to me asap.

meanwhile, i had to go back to my aide job and then to my second interview that afternoon. it went so well. he played a song for me that he plays over the intercom every morning before anyone else arrives about welcoming the Holy Spirit. too good to be true. it was a blessing to see the inside of his school that i had paced around and laid hands on all summer long. it was a peaceful feeling and there was rest in my heart as i walked away. i left thankful that He sees me and meets me. He knows me and knows exactly what i need.

i checked my phone on the drive home and realized i had a call from mr. g. i immediately got nervous because really i wanted to work at the blessing principal's school. it was my first choice and what i thought was the Lord's will from the beginning. mr. g left a voicemail asking me to call him immediately. i just knew he was going to offer me the job. i had to know if the blessing principal had a timeline of when he was going to get a 'green light' to hire from administration or not before i could accept a job. so i called him. no answer- he must have left his office. so i went to extreme measures to get his cell phone number. stalker? psycho? all of the above. but i had to know before i could make a decision. the blessing principal told me as a principal that i should take the job. there was no guarantee he would be able to hire me, and it's not honorable, from a principal's perspective, to turn down a job.. ever. and he told me that speaking as if he was my father, that i should take the job. and that Jesus would bless me, use me, and bless my kids wherever i ended up. that was enough strength for me to hang up and call mr. g back.

so i did. i called him back and he told me that where previously he was given a green light from administration, that he now had a yellow light or a 'hang on a second'. but he said "if i get to hire, i choose you. so if and when i get that green light, do you choose us?" and i told him yes. with a confident heart that the Father was leading me and calling me there, i said yes. he told me he would call me by the next day at noon.. which was friday.. to tell whether or not he had the green light or not.

meanwhile, shelli, my spiritual mom, told me it would be wise to call the blessing principal back and inform him of the yellow light- just in case. i told her i would, but really was planning on e-mailing him to avoid being a burden.

well, as Jesus would have it, a few minutes later i got a phone call from a number that wasn't saved in my phone. i assumed it was  mr. g and i answered. "hello?" nothing. "um.. hello?" nothing again. and a few seconds later the blessing principal said "natalie! i'm so sorry. my phone must have called you on accident. i was just walking around my backyard praying for you. Jesus has you in his palm. He is going to pour out extravagant love on you regardless of wherever you end up. we're trusting Him in this together." and i thanked him. and we hung up.

and then i just sat there, on my green leather couch, and i cried. He really holds me. right in the palm of His hand. and He leads me.. my Perfect Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment